Letters to the Editor
March 15, 2012
Paul Findley is at it again. Maybe he needs to clean his eyeglasses and get his hearing checked: The Iranian threat to destroy Israel and the U.S. is real. The ayatollah and other officials have spoken about it openly.
Just recently, the Simon Wiesenthal Center (global Jewish human rights organization that confronts anti-Semitism, hate and terrorism) helped to expose a detailed blueprint for the destruction of Israel on a website run by the head of the Iranian parliament’s research center.
The center’s research exposed:
* A step-by-step plan to wipe out Israel’s infrastructure and annihilate her citizens.
* A theological basis for the murder of Jews.
* Maps of Israeli population centers.
* Distances to strategic targets within Israel including the range of Iranian missiles.
* Specific stages for attacks.
* A chilling final stage targeting urban settlements and bringing about the final annihilation of the Israeli people.
No country can sit around and hope someone will do “something” while it is being openly threatened by an explicit nuclear attack. Would the U.S. tolerate it? Israelis do not want war, but they will not commit suicide either.
— Gloria Schwartz, Springfield, Illinois