We’ve written so much about the dangers of Hamas the past few years, and tragically, there’s no end in sight.
Here are three salient points you need to know about The World According to Hamas:
1. Israel, the Jewish state, should be destroyed (it’s their charter, or mission if you’d like – not our words!).
2. Instead of building a vibrant society and facilitating economic growth in Gaza when Israel totally withdrew in 2005 (including forcibly evicting approximately 9,000 people), Hamas focused and continues to focus on stockpiling rockets and missiles so they can attack and terrorize major Israeli civilian population centers.
3. Hamas deliberately locates its weapons and military assets in schools, houses and mosques. Putting their own people in harm’s way actually serves their strategic objectives. That’s why they actively encourage the practice of human shields.
We could go on and on and on.
Instead, mull over a few infographics to get better acquainted with The World According to Hamas (click on images to enlarge).
And finally, we must highlight two other activities, which don’t get the attention they deserve:
1. To the extent possible, Israel warns Gaza citizens before striking targets so they can move out of harm’s way – despite the Hamas call for human shields. This includes warning missiles that make a loud bang but don’t explode, telephone calls and text messages.
2. Despite its cities being under bombardment, Israel has kept the Gaza border open and civilian goods flowing.